Monday, March 21, 2011

Ok, here I am...

So I've never been one for blogs. I've always thought they were pretentious and self-indulging. That's not to bust on anyone who has one, they just never seemed to have a purpose. That is until a couple of ladies near and dear to me showed me that not only can they be therapeutic but they can humor your inner narcissist. In all seriousness, I expect only a handful of people to even read this let alone comment, but the reason I'm doing this is purely selfish. How's that for pretentious?

The title is self-explanatory for those that know me. I'm an English and grammar snob and it drives me absolutely insane when I see an apostrophe that is completely out of place in a word that is simply plural and not showing possession. It also bothers me intensely when people use words that they think are correct when they couldn't be further off-base. FYI, you don't "comply" a list of items. Rather you "compile" them.

My life in a nutshell is this: I'm 34 years old, turning 35 in a couple months. I'm a husband who is hopelessly in love with his soulmate. Cheesy, yes, but true so shut up. She is my absolute best friend and the reason why I do a lot of crap that I do while also being the reason why I don't do half the crap I could be doing instead. I'm a die-hard Indianapolis Colts and St. Louis Cardinals fan. I have a four-legged pal named Peyton who serves as a reason for me to act goofy. I'm slightly addicted to my Xbox 360 and love to hang with my Tango Down fellas. I have amazing parents who have allowed me to make mistakes and learn from them. They get all the credit for making me the caring, sensitive, intelligent, sarcastic, charming, idiotic adult that I've become. I have the best mother-in-law anyone could ask for. I've also recently undergone roux en y gastric bypass surgery. I'm three and half months out and I've lost 72.5 lbs since day of surgery and 112.5 since I started the journey July 26th 2010.

This blog will serve as a personal journal for me so it will be filled with various things ranging from weight loss updates, ranting about the Cardinals and Colts to just bragging about my wonderful family. Sound pretentious? Did I mention I'm a walking contradiction?

8 comments:

  1. YAY!! Welcome to the world of blogging! I can't wait to follow along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a dork! Said in the most loving way possible of course. I suppose I will be on "the list" because of all my exclaimation points? This will be a fun blog, I can tell! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the "epitome of hyperbole". Okay...I don't know what I mean by that, but whatever'! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooooo with you on the grammar/punctuation snob thing... Oh, and by the way, you will have at least one more follower!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way cool. I will follow your blog, but I am a little scared to comment. Get personal. This is a wonderful way to keep a journal. I do get a little lazy with my punctuation and grammer. Be gentle, I'm old. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nick! From what I gather, you are dead on about your folks and in-laws. You and Ang are crazy lucky! Congrats on the weight loss so far!

    ReplyDelete