Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tinkerbell

So this is going to sound random, but hear me out. Angela and I were talking about this the other night. I'm not a fan of Tinkerbell and I'm going to tell you why. It's my dinstinct belief, that in the world of fairies and pixies, that Tinkerbell thinks she is the straw that stirs the drink. I imagine her running around Neverland, or wherever she finds herself spreading her pixie dust, taunting other pixies with claims that they don't have their images plastered on backpacks, lunchboxes, shoes and the like. "Yeah, well Julia Roberts played me 'Hook!'" she'd say to them. "How many direct-to-DVD movies do you have named after you?" she'd slam in their face. Clearly the other fairies have an inferiority complex and can you blame them?

I think it's high time we bring Tink down a notch or two. We should band together for the sake of all other fairies and pixies out there oppressed by this whimsical sprite who has hornswoggled our little girls into looking up to her. There's gotta be some dirt out there on her. I'm sure she sold some secrets to Captain Hook or made some shady dealings with The Evil Queen somewhere along the line. So... who's comin' with me?

5 comments:

  1. Weirdness. Leave Tink alone. She's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah... but now she is running around talking about the "win" she got on you - since you dedicated an entire post to her. (But I totally agree - she is WAY overrated.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to know how you guys got on that topic. If you ask me, your dislike for Tink is a little irrational - kind of like Jeremy's dislike for Mickey Mouse. I mean, seriously! Who hates Mickey Mouse?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you have a little girl I am going to buy her "tinkerbell" everything! just sayin~ lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nick, I'm with you!!! Not one of my seven girls have ever been "Tink" fans! One tried when she appeared with her own line, but ended up liking the other fairies better and soon they ended up in their "someday" box.

    ReplyDelete